Friday 7 November 2014

Friday Five - Hello World!

It's been a long time since I set up this blog. I've had a few false starts, but I've just never figured out how to get the ball rolling. I had this idea about a grand first post, that'd blow everyone out of the water, but I've spent too long pondering what it could be and still have no clue what to write about.

It's time to bite the bullet.

I'm planning on using Fridays (when I can) to talk about my favourite things from the previous seven days. Today, however, I suppose I should use this post to tell you a little about myself.
  1. I like to think I'm more badass than I am. I was raised on a steady diet of Harry Potter, Captain Planet, Batman, The Chronicles of Narnia and X-Men - with those sort of rolemodels how the hell could I think otherwise?
  2. I love fashion, but I suck at it.
  3. I hate running, so I'm constantly searching for fun ways to keep in shape. Rock climbing, pole dancing, archery, yoga, kayaking, ice skating... I've tried it all.
  4. I never have enough time in my day. I'm one of those people constantly trying new time-saving techniques. Hell, I've endured running home from work simply to save that 50  minutes I would have spent at the gym, so I could use them as writing-time instead.
  5. Happy endings are my crack.
Hopefully, now that I've broken the ice, it won't be so difficult to dive in next time. *Crosses fingers*

3 comments:

  1. Hey I found your blog through a NaNoWriMo thread, I just restarted up my blog too. I was looking for other writers blogs to follow to keep me inspired and I read your first post and was just nodding along to everything you said. Hope your Nano novel is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aisha! My NaNo is going okay (I mentioned it in my latest Five post) but I'm terribly exhausted. How's yours going? What's your blog?

      Delete
    2. Hey, yea my nano is going OK. I was doing well last week then the weekend was crazy so I lost a bit but I'm still just on track. Yea I really like your Friday Five! I'm trying to do something similar with monthly updates but doing one every week is amazing! (my blog is http://aishainwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/)

      Delete